Coconut IceCoconut ice is simple to make and tastes delicious, as well as making a great gift when wrapped up and decorated with a ribbon.
PreparationNo cooking time.
Preparation time: 10 minutes & 50 minutes to set.
Makes: 30+ Pieces
- 750g icing sugar
- 300g desiccated coconut
- 400ml condensed milk
- Vanilla essence
- Pink food coloring
- Lightly grease and line small square cake tin.
- Using a large bowl, sift icing sugar and add desiccated coconut, mix well.
- Add condensed milk and a splash of vanilla essence mix until well combined, if dry add small amounts of water until moist.
- Half mixture, flatten one half in the tin.
- Color the other half of the mixture with about 10 drops of pink food coloring.
- Flatten the remaining mixture on top.
- Set in fridge for about 50 minutes or until hard.
- Cut into small pieces.click Recipes on right hand list for more recipes such aas Tangy Lemon Cake - great for church morning tea